History of MLCC
The Main Line Chamber of Commerce traces its roots to 1921 when the Ardmore Chamber of Commerce was formed with 30 original members.
It has since evolved in a variety of ways, including its new name adopted in 1944 and a more regional approach that has continued to expand. Now, in addition to representing many of the outstanding businesses on the Main Line, its membership extends to neighboring communities that include Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey, Conshohocken, King of Prussia, Blue Bell and Bucks County to name a few.
In recent years, the Chamber has experienced a revival thanks to the hard work and support of its dedicated volunteers and professional staff. Membership, which is now above 900 companies, has held steady over the past two years while the average size of member companies has risen.
Two series of programs - The Main Line Society of Professional Women and The Make More Save More Series - have proven to be major draws for new members. The new programs and new members have helped strengthen long-standing programs that include Leadership Main Line and the Chamber's Signature Events, which have been retooled and have seen growth in recent years.
While The Main Line Chamber of Commerce is proud of its deep history, it is dedicated to providing increasing value to members using both technology and the in-person interaction that technology can never replace.